Hey there! So you want to know a little about the two of us. We’ll start with the somewhat personal info and move into the financial info later:
- We met each other in middle school and stayed friends through high school
- We went to different colleges and decided that we kind of wanted a little more than friendship
- A few wonderful years later in 2012 we got married
- Decided to start a family in 2016 and surprise surprise Mrs. Jane is pregnant!
Now onto the financial stuff:
- Mr. Joe is a Project Engineer making approximately $80,000 per year in salary with additional bonus opportunities.
- Mrs. Jane is an Accounts Receivable Supervisor making approximately $50,000 per year in salary.
- As of December 2016 our Net Worth is just below $200,000
The first thought that may come to mind when you read this is “Holy smokes! Posting your salary and Net Worth on the INTERWEBS are you crazy!!!1!eleven!”
Yeah it might be a little crazy but we believe that generally as a society we’re too uptight when it comes to talking about finances and what better way to try to break that paradigm than to just go for it so we are.
Our goal with this blog is to share nearly everything that financially impacts our lives as we make our way to Early Retirement! Our goal is to retire by the time we are 50 years old if not sooner! The picture at the top of this page was taken by us on the Irish coast and seeing things like this is one of the driving motivations we have to retire early.So go click around, read some posts and comment or share to your hearts content. We’ll do our best to reply to all the questions that come up.